Thursday, December 1, 2011

Το ψαράκι της γυάλας (The fishbowl's fish)


So "our boys" was also doing a film for November 17,
based on a in greece well known novel by Marios Hakkas.
The film is absolutely briliant.
Thanks Thomas for letting us be part of your creative ideas.
Here is a link to more films by Creativity films.


Ok, so most of you don't know greek.
I'll try to give you a short summary of what I have understood of it.
It's all taking place on Nov 17 in Athens with the riot of the students in the background.
This man has gone out to buy his bread and stops in front of the camera to say:
"I'm a peaceful man and now I'll go home to my house."
He thinking to himself if he should involve in what happens, but think that what different will he do. Instead he decides that he must go home and change the water in the fish bowl -hence the title "The fishbowl's fish".
So I guess the film leaves us the question, since we all must make our choices in life:
What is really important?

Note also the scene when he eats his bread. On the shoe sole you can read "Politeknio" which is the University of Technology where it all took place on this day in -73. In greece there is an expression "To have it on the shoe sole" -which is, as you might guess, to say that you don't care.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I watched a little of the video and it looks great! Totally professional. I recognize whatever that boy was spreading on his bread from when I was at your house.