Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sweden awaits

As fast as we decided to move to Greece, we have now decided that we are going back to Sweden. Of course it is with mixed feelings. We love the people and the church here on the island, friends that we have made. We have learned to find our way around and understand more and more.
We hope we have made a difference during our time here, that we have meant something for the church and the people we met. They say they will miss us so we have probably done something good :-)
But it also feels good to get back to Sweden and our loved ones back home.
I'm not sure what to expect but a few things has fallen into place.
The other day Kenneth got a job in Norrköping for the summer that might become something more than just a summer job. We used to live in Stockholm so it would also have been nice to come back to our church and friends there, but I (Lena) have my family in Norrköping so I really enjoy that we will get close to them, especially my dear mother.
And I'm looking forward getting home to the country of liver pate, "falukorv", "polly", salmon and other goodies :-)
I am going now in less then three weeks, on the 2nd of April I have a flight for me and the cat. Kenneth has to stay a bit longer to finish up some things.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so jealous!!! I wish I were moving to Sweden. Enjoy every second of it!

Laura said...

Wow! This is big news. I am glad I visited you in Greece when I had the chance :). I hope you will love this next chapter of your life in your home country and close to mom.