Thursday, August 19, 2010

Some thoughts at the Mediterranean.

What is it that made us sell our belonging, travel 3000km with a caravan and make our home in a country where "it's all greek" to us!?
An assurance that God has called us and that he care for us!
So what is it that he called us to do?
To proclame his name in this place, to worship him and to make him known and loved in this place. To love him and to love our fellowmens.
So who is this God?
He is always faithfull, allways true, always just and he gives freedom! He is the one who created me and know my longings and my needs. He is the one who in the midst of our captivity said that he has thoughts of peace for us- for hope and a good future! (Jer 29:11) Our captivity can look so different. For someone it's an actual wall or times of war for some it is people telling you names and talking behind your back. For some it's a lost, a loss of a loved one or maybe of your health. For some it's a memory, something from your history that doesn't seams to give in.
But the mercy of God, because of his love for us, is what gives me hope.
Unjusts will come my way, I already seen it many times! But my future is bright.
I will fail and I will do wrong, I have proven it many times...
Because that is what sin has done to me. But sin does not have the last say!
"For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever belives in him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send his son into the world to condemn the world but that the world throught him might be saved." (Joh 3:16)

No comments: