Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Some thoughts on a hot summer day.

Sometimes it hits me how common everything has become to us here now.
I'm doing just anything daily that has to be done and then I realize "hey, I'm in Greece!"
Maybe in the middel of what is going on I hear the peacock and I'm lifting my eays and looking out through the window. From our kitchen you see the green hills with the acropolis ontop and all the white Thassian houses at the foot (on Thassos they all have red tiles and no blue roofs as on many greek postcards) and then I remember... I'm not in Stockholm anymore.
Or maybe we have made our way to the beach and when laying there floating in the salty water it hits you that this is no Swedish inland lake, our nearest beach is in the Mediterranean...

We are for sure blessed. We are here, many miles away from home and still making it our home. Still having good friends to hang out with. Brothers and sisters to love and be loved by, to worship together with. Experience a new culture, getting a broader perspectiv of Life.
Blessed to know that God is with us even those days that we don't feel we are enough.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

That sounds so awesome, Lena! I was going through my Bible the other day and found all of the sweet notes you wrote as my sharing partner. Those notes continue to bless me and bring me lots of joy. You're the best! Oh, and I am planning on coming to Greece to visit a friend in Athens in the spring... I hope I can see you then!

THASSOS I SIKTE said...

Cool! I hope you make that trip!
And I have some nice stuff from you, pics from your cool camera.
Love you